Did you know that an estimated 8% of people clench or grind their teeth while they sleep? It’s true. Even more alarming is the fact that most don’t even know they are doing it.
Types of Guards
Boil and Bite Guard
- Must be soaked in warm water
- Adjusts to your teeth by applying slight pressure
- Composed of thermoplastic material
- Ready to wear
- Offers minimal support
- Created from an impression of teeth
- Fits comfortably and is breathable while you sleep
During your initial appointment, your dentist will take an impression of your teeth. The impression will be molded and sent to a lab for construction. The lab will craft a night guard composed of acrylic or laminate to adjust to your teeth comfortably. When your final night guard arrives, we will adjust the fit of the guard that suits the ridges of your teeth. You can wear the night guard immediately before you go to sleep that night.