Dental Exams and X-Rays
- Reduces chances of gum disease
- Enhanced smile
- Reduces bacteria
- Keeps gums healthy
Dental Hygiene Tips
• Brush Twice a Day
- Hold the brush at a 45° angle for optimal cleaning
- Brush tongue to remove bacteria causing bad breath
• Floss Once a Day
- Use about 18 in. of floss
- Strengthens gum tissue
- Reduces plaque accumulation
• Restrict Sugary Foods
- Sugary foods changes to acid when mixed with saliva
- Do not eat or drink products causing tooth discoloration
• Make Dental Visits
- Schedule dentist appointments twice a year
BRUSH & FLOSS
Our dentists recommend brushing your teeth twice and flossing at least once every day. This will help break down plaque buildup, preventing gum disease, tooth decay, and other oral health issues, all while keeping your mouth feeling fresh!
Keep your teeth strong with fluoride! Fluoride is a mineral that occurs naturally and is oftentimes incorporated in oral hygiene products. This is a necessary component to a well-established oral hygiene routine because fluoride assists with breaking down harmful acids from food and drinks that combine with saliva.
MAINTAIN A HEALTHY DIET
Maintaining a mouth-healthy diet is fairly easy! Start with a balanced diet full of low-fat dairy and protein, while steering clear of starchy and sticky foods. Also, cut back on sugary and acidic drinks that can leave your teeth susceptible to decay.
If you’re wanting to learn how to establish a successful, home-care routine, our experienced dentists at Family & Implant Dentistry of Stuart can provide you with an array of information and useful resources. Contact us today!